Whatever your motivation for staying active is, dropping weight, increasing strength, or improving general fitness, make sure you're on the right track. Check out our 7 fitness tips below to help you reach your fitness goals and stay healthy whether you're new to working out or a dedicated gym junkie.
1. Start Somewhere
Having a workout program that works for you and sets you up for success is an important part of staying healthy. So pick a routine that works for you. Consider enrolling in a Zumba or pole-dancing class. Play a game of tag with your children.
2. Set Simple Goals
Keep them achievable and measurable. Don’t make your goals to complicated. It will make you frustrated.
3. Turn the world into your personal gym
- Stretch while waiting in line at the supermarket.
- While pumping gas, do ballet routines.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Whether you are driving or biking, Squeeze and then release your lower abs.
- You'll be surprised at how much core strength you can acquire while driving.
4. If necessary, break up your workout
Break up a big workout into little portions if you're avoiding it. Stretch for 10 minutes before showering in the morning. At lunch, go for a 20-minute brisk stroll. While you wait for the pasta water to boil, lift weights.
It improves posture while increasing flexibility and relieving muscle strain. It also helps you tune in to your body. Have you run out of time? It's no problem. Stretch while sitting in front of the TV or lying in bed.
Resting is JUST AS IMPORTANT AS EXERCISE - Getting enough rest will keep you energised and ready for your next session.
7. Eat Right
Fuel up for your workout by eating the right food at the proper times.